Good Quality Sheep Handling EquipmentSheep panels are specifically designed for containing smaller animals. They’re available in different sizes and are made from sturdy materials. Here are some of the primary characteristics of these panels:
- Metal Sheep Panels – Metal sheep panels have an excellent track record. They can handle different kinds of weather conditions, heavy crowding, and last for a long time. Most metal panels are made from galvanized steel, which prevents rusting while maintaining a clean appearance.
- Vertical Rail Panels – You can install either horizontal or vertical rail panels around a sheep pen, but vertical rails are a better solution. Some animals rear up and find a foothold on horizontal rails, which is impossible on vertical panels.
- Sturdy Connectors – Individual panels are connected with sturdy pin connectors, so the entire installation stays in place regardless of high traffic situations.
- Lambing Pens – Lambing pens are essential if you breed sheep. These pens provide a safe, isolated area where ewes can rest and give birth peacefully. Make sure the pens are around 4’x4’ to 4’x6’ in size. Larger ewes will benefit from larger pens.
- Mesh Fencing – Mesh fencing is ideal for young or small animals. There’s no room for lambs to escape through the bars. These panels can also be used for other animals like rabbits, goats, chicken, etc.
- Portable Sheep Panels – If you like to participate in tradeshows, expos, cattle shows, etc. you need portable sheep panels. These can be transported to different destinations and assembled quickly.
Good quality sheep livestock panels provide a safe space for your animals. They won’t develop rust or sharp corners that may injure sheep brushing against them.
Choosing Sheep Livestock PanelsThere are several things to keep in mind while choosing livestock panels. Our experts can offer straightforward and unbiased advice on different sheep handling equipment ranging from pens to chutes. Here are some tips that can help:
- Gap at the Bottom – Sheep and other small animals can find a way to escape by digging under panels. That's why you need to make sure all panels sit close to the ground, providing no room for animals to dig.
- Steel Sheep Panels – Galvanized steel panels can handle heavy crowding easily, which makes them an excellent choice for a large flock of sheep.
- Powder Coating – Powder coating with UV inhibitors can ensure panels last for a long time, especially in sunny conditions. Powder-coated panels also look good and maintain their appearance for a long time.
If you want to know more about our sheep panels, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Rayborn brand. You can call 276-623-6541 or use our contact form to reach us.